(click to expand):
- Proprietary ‘Governance’ factor in the ‘People’ concept (A*)
- Proprietary ‘Progress Towards Sustainability’ factors (I*)
- Proprietary ‘Worst in Class’ ESG stock ranks based upon Sustainalytics Incidents Scores (I*)
- Inclusion of proprietary ‘Hurricane Risk’ and ‘Opioid Risk’ factors in our risk model (A*)
- Custom constraints on certain power sources (A*)
- All proxies voted based upon ESG proxy standards developed by Glass Lewis with Sustainalytics (A*) (I*)
- Engagement with companies on ESG data disclosures as well as the quality of that data
- Matarin has implemented customized negative social and environmental screens as requested by clients based on restricting holdings: coal, guns, Iran, MacBride Principles, payday lending, prison operators, Sudan, tobacco, Israel boycotts, expatriated companies (A*) (I*)
- Prominent female leadership, as one of the larger women-owned asset managers in the U.S.
- Philanthropic commitments, e.g. Toigo Foundation contributions
- Promoting best practices for stewardship, integrity and fairness
- Employees’ community engagement in the fields of responsible investment, youth and education, women’s entrepreneurship, and diversity in asset management – click here to learn more
A* utilized in Matarin’s US active strategies
I* utilized in Matarin’s new Global Long-Term Index, launched in partnership with S&P, with a proprietary ESG tilt.